2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Colors, Release Date, Redesign, Price – One of the most versatile pickup truck is in town, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD. This new 2017 Silverado 3500HD not only marks a generational change but has also brought several changes and improvements.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD – Redesign
This new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD looks better as never before. While the double stacked grille and headlight design have been retained, they look new with subtle tweaks. Down below, the front bumper has a redesigned new shape.
Its interior cabin would be anyone’s comfort zone. One great enhancement in this cabin is the use of sound-deadening material for a quieter ride. Drivers have more conveniences as several new controls have been integrated into the steering wheel.
Air induction system:
The new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD has been improved in efficiency and productivity. The makers have integrated several new features that contribute to the engine efficiency by superb cooling. Some of these features are:
- Hood Scoop – An innovative air intake in the hood of this pickup truck is probably the biggest change. With the help of this new hood scoop, the engine gets a previously unchartered 60% more air. This helps the engine to run better even at extreme loads.
- Induction system – This new innovative air-induction system helps to maintain a good airflow to the engine regardless of the driving conditions. This system senses and selects air inlets (hood or fender) for drawing maximum air. So even if the hood is completely blocked, this system doesn’t fail to make the engine breathe.
Trims and Body Configuration:
Customers get to choose between 8 different trims of this 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD. These trims are:
- High Country Dual and Single Rear Wheel
- LTZ Dual and Single Rear Wheel
- LT Dual and Single Rear Wheel
- WT Dual and Single Rear Wheel.
There are 4 body configurations viz. Crew Cab/Long Box, Crew Cab/Standard Box, Double Cab/Long Box and Regular Cab/Long Box.
Packages and Accessories:
In total, there are 7 features packages which come with an additional price. These packages are:
- Gearon Bar Package
- Snow Plow Prep Package
- Duramax® Plus Package
- Custom Sport Edition
- Interior Protection Package
- Driver Alert Package
- LTZ Plus Package
Buyers also have the option to embellish this pickup truck by additional accessories like Bed Extender, Tonneau Cover, Tailgate Mat, Stake Pocket Push Up Tie Downs, Roof Rack Kit, Ladder Rack and Tool Box.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD – Powerful Engine and Performance
For the base model, a 6.0-litre Vortec L96 V8 engine has been used which produces 360 hp at 5400 RPM and 380 lb-ft of torque at 4200 RPM. A 6-speed MYD automatic transmission system is used with this power mill. Features like Powertrain Grade Braking and Cruise Grade Braking come with the gearbox.
An all-new powertrain, the 6.6-litre Duramax turbo-diesel V8 mill has been used which mates with the Allison 1000 6 speed automatic transmission. This engine produces a torque of 960 lb-ft and 450 hp.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD – Price & Release Date
The pricing of this 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500HD truck varies according to trims and packages. The base model starts at $34,410 and top level trims reaches up to $60,065.